Galveston Association of Rental Managers (GARM) Renters Code of Conduct
We want you to have a wonderful time during your vacation on West Galveston Island. At the same time, CENTURY 21 BAY REEF REALTY is serious about maintaining a peaceful family atmosphere for your enjoyment as well as the enjoyment of all the people in the neighborhood. We are also committed to informing you about local laws. Please read the following carefully.
I agree that I and all of my guests understand and will abide by these subdivision, city and state laws:
- House occupancy will not be exceeded.
- Loud music and noise is prohibited.
- All cars & guests will be registered with the rental office at check-in, and all cars will be parked in the driveway. When parking cars on the street, vehicular traffic will not be impeded.
- Posted street signage (speed limits, parking) will be obeyed.
- Cars will not be parked on lawns or in a neighbor’s driveway. Vehicles will not be driven or parked anywhere where not allowed.
- Motor homes, campers and tents are prohibited and may not be parked or hooked up at rental homes.
- Only people with a valid driver’s license may operate a golf cart. Police will issue tickets.
- Non street-licensed vehicles (such as 4 wheelers, go carts, dirt bikes, scooters, ATVs, etc.) are not permitted anywhere on Galveston Island.
- Barbeque grilling on decks is strictly prohibited; it is a fire hazard.
- Only registered pets are allowed in SOME rental homes for a fee. Leash laws must be obeyed at all times.
- While boating, “No Wake” rules in the canals will be obeyed.
- At canal homes, fishing lights will be turned off when not in use.
- The house is NON-SMOKING. Smokers will smoke outside and dispose of butts properly.
- Fish will be cleaned where caught. The remains will be carefully wrapped in plastic bags and placed in outdoor trash cans.
- Help keep West Galveston clean! Garbage will be put in securely tied plastic bags and placed in the trash bins provided.
- The dunes are off-limits at all times! Walking, digging, standing or driving on dunes is never allowed. Dune crossovers or beach access points will be used to get to the beach. Fines range up to $10,000!
- Open fires & fireworks are prohibited everywhere on Galveston Island, including the beaches.
- Driving is allowed on the beach in Bay Harbor, Miramar, Stavenger and Point San Luis only. The speed limit is 15 mph. All other state highway rules apply.
- Horses cannot be brought to any rental home.
- Glass containers are not allowed on Galveston beaches.
- All trash must be removed from the beach.
All of our rental properties are patrolled regularly by our off-duty peace officers. Violation of any of these policies will result eviction and forfeiture of all monies paid! Also, many of the items are legally enforceable and subject to criminal prosecution.
Signed & dated by Renter of record, accepting responsibility for everyone in rental.
During your stay, if you have any questions or need assistance regarding your rental property, please call our office at 409-737-2300 For after hours assistance, call 409-737-2300. For emergencies, call 911. For non-emergency police assistance call the Galveston Police at 409-766-2100. For Jamaica Beach, call 409-737-1800. To reach CENTURY 21 Bay Reef Realty’s GARM, peace officers, call 409-682-3603.
adopted April, 2005
Prices and furnishings subject
to change. Holiday Rates Apply. Remember that paper
products, soaps, and personal care items are NOT provided. Logo: © 2008 Century 21 Real Estate LLC. CENTURY 21® is a registered trademark licensed to Century 21 Real Estate LLC. Equal Housing Opportunity. Each Office is Independently Owned and Operated. R. Stohlman - Broker